Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Adam and Eve in The Dutchboy Art Studios of the Artist's Imagination

The studio was real, this painting of it is according to anarchistic lack of law that is artistic license. It was the imperfect but grandly large and very utilitarian studio I was sadly forced to leave behind. For an artist, ultimate utilitarianism is The Garden of Eden.
Here I was able to work on the art you see at this blog, and so much more. I was able to show and sell the work, I was able to invite galleries, museums, collectors and friends to view the paintings, sculptures, artist's books, masks, prints, and drawings in person over a period that lasted twenty years. I held classes here, with the core group of students in attendance for over ten years. My best student was Pedro Moreno, who became my best friend. He took one on one classes here, once a week, for three years.

No comments: