Monday, November 30, 2009

http://www.artspark6.wordpress.com/chandra-garsson-and-d-quentin-paquette/


The wonderful website created by Amy Sousa, artspark6 matched writers and artists. I participated as both. Partnered with D. Quentin Paquette I sent artwork for him to play off of as writer, and he sent me his story for me to respond to. Highlighted link to right of this page, along with link to wok done at same site by Meggi Raeder and me.
I have been reading the most wonderful book on arts and a history of economics in our times by Lewis Hyde, called The Gift. a few quotes culled from the book:

"Not any self-control or self-limitation for the sake of specific ends, but rather a carefree letting go of onself; not caution but rather a wise blindness; not working to aquire silent, slowly increasing possessions, but rather a continuous squandering of all perishable values." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Thou hast giv'n so much to me,/Give one thing more, agratefull heart:/ See how thy beggar works in Thee/ By art:..." -George Herbert (1633)

"We're sleek we're fine, we're out the door/ We shan't be cobblers anymore!" -Two elves who worked through the night to make shoes that saved the Cobbler and his wife from ruin, after Mr. and Mrs. Cobbler showed their gratitude by clothing and feeding the elves.

No comments: